1) Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family
I’m married to Jenny, and we have 3 children and 8 grandchildren. I was born in Holland but moved to Australia when I was 2. I grew up in the Snowy Mountains followed by 42 years in Wollongong NSW. We recently relocated to the Sunny Coast.
2) What do you enjoy doing for recreation?
This is a work in progress. However, I do enjoy caravanning to warm climates, walking and visiting friends.
3) How has Jesus changed your life?
I became a Christian when I was 20. Jesus turned me around from doing my own thing so that I wanted to live my life for Him. Serving Him brought about real happiness and contentment.
4) What’s your favourite Bible verse? Why?
Isaiah 43:1 “Fear not for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name, you are mine”. This verse and the next brings me real peace. I know that I am part of God’s family and am protected and cared for by Him.
5) What excites you most about helping launch Aura Church?
Knowing Jesus is such a privilege. Being able to be part of a new church in an area that is without a church is very exciting. We get to point people to Him!